Digital Money Forum 2020Date(s): January 7, 2020 - January 7, 2020
Location: Las Vegas, United States (view on map)
About the Event
*Exhibit will take place from January 7th to the 10th*
Every year we ask the audience how much cash they have in the pocket. Every year the answer is less and less. For the fifth year, CES is producing The Digital Money Forum. The day-long conference and 4-day exhibit marketplace are devoted to helping the technology community navigate the circuitous transition from paper currencies to digital.
Like any trip worth taking, the path to a cashless digital economy has been fraught with bumps, retributions, recriminations and turf wars, but it’s paved the way for a new, mature generation of problem solvers who are prepared to lead the way. At our 2020 show, we’ll focus on the companies and leaders who’ve been at the forefront of fintech, blockchain and cryptocurrency advancements.
On the fintech front, 2020 is the year when chatting with a robo advisor will become nearly indistinguishable from talking to a human financial expert. It’s the year when fintech companies will rely on AI, voice and 5G devices to help redefine everything from how credit is scored to how loans and payments are made. And it’s a year where all banking and payments will become mobile first.
For blockchain and crypto you’ll see the industry move from what Deloitte calls “blockchain tourism” to prioritizing blockchain right up there with AI and 5G as their business stay competitive. This will be the year where you’ll see new currencies working alongside traditional ones, and new asset classes born as the digital tokens go mainstream.
You’ll see major hardware manufacturers jumping on board with blockchain-ready mobile devices, plug-in blockchains, automated kiosks and newly designed chipsets that will both speed and secure blockchain’s operations. Regulators will provide a much-needed framework for weeding out bad actors. And you’ll see the “suits” — everyone from the major exchanges to funds and traders — all gathered to figure out their rightful places in a financial world we’ve only just begun to imagine.
There’s no better place to explore the future of money then at CES, the epicenter of innovation and the most likely place on the planet for technologists to gamble on the future.
Event TopicsAdoptionAIBitcoinBlockchainCryptocurrencyCybersecurityDecentralizationDigital AssetsExhibitorsInvestingRegulationScalabilityStablecoinsTokenizationWeb 3.0
- Dante Disparte - Head of Policy and Communications, Libra Association
- Jordan French - Co-founder & Executive Director at Grit Daily News, Executive Editor at Block Telegraph, Editorial Staff at TheStreet, Founding CMO of BeeHex, Inc.
- Bimal Gandhi - CEO, Uniken, Inc
- Chris Garrod - Director, Conyers
- Nitin Gaur - Director, IBM WW Digital Asset Labs at IBM
- Will Graylin - CEO, OV Loop, Inc.
- Lindsey Grossman - Director of Product - US, N26 Inc.
- Jeanine Hightower-Sellitto - Managing Director of Operations, Gemini
- Duane Jacobsen - CEO, Blocksafe Holdings Inc.
- Amy James - CEO, Alexandria Labs
- Travis Jarae - CEO, One World Identity
- Jonathan Johnson - CEO, Overstock
- Jim Kearney - Principal, Point B
- Larry King - Host of Larry King Now
- Nikhil Lele - Principal, EY Financial Services
- Vinny Lingham - CEO & Co-Founder, Civic
- Thomas Maxon - Head of U.S. Operations, CoolBitX Ltd.
- Karen G. Mills - Senior Fellow, Harvard Business School
- Tiffani Montez - Senior Analyst, Aite Group
- Andrew B. Morris - Founder & CEO, The Fintech Agenda LLC
- Martine Paris - Freelance Tech Reporter, Fast Company
- Brock Pierce - Co-founder, EOS Alliance
- Robin Raskin - Founder & CEO, Living In Digital Times
- Matthew Roszak - Co-founder & Chairman, Bloq
- Akin Sawyerr - Strategy + Governance Lead, Decred
- Pooja Shah - Co-Lead, Filecoin, Protocol Labs
- Charlie Shrem - Founder of Crypto.IQ and Host of Untold Stories podcast
- Kirk Simpson - Co-founder & CEO, Wave
- Jay S. Sidhu - Chairman and CEO of Customers Bancorp, Customers Bank, BankMobile
- Patrick South - Vice President of Development, Chamber of Digital Commerce
- Kat Sullivan - Director, Asset Management & Global Distribution, Galaxy Digital
- Lisa Song Sutton - Co-founder: Sin City Cupcakes | Christie's International Real Estate | Ship Las Vegas
- Christa Steele - Experienced CEO, Public and Private Company Board Director
- Lori H. Schwartz - Principal, StoryTech
- Michael Terpin - Founder & CEO, CoinAgenda and Transform Group
- Danny Tomsett - CEO, UneeQ
- Dan Westgarth - General Manager, North America, Revolut
- Rob Wisniewski - Chief Technology Officer, CLEAR